Arlington VA's Air Conditioning Experts
For over twenty-five years, Shanahan’s Heating & Cooling, Inc. has been an air condition service industry leader in Arlington VA. With a focus on quality work and personal service, we have built a business of customers that are dedicated to our quality work. We understand that when it comes to your comfort and the overall associated costs, no other single system in your home plays a larger role or has more of an impact than your HVAC system. We offer services for all your air conditioning needs including installation, and repair. However, it's important to not choose just any HVAC contractor.
5 Questions to Ask Yourself When You Get Air Conditioning Installation
Most people start feeling the need for air conditioning installation once summer begins in earnest. At this point, it may be tempting to just go for the first air conditioning contractor you come across. After all, one air conditioning contractor is just as good as another, right? Wrong! Not every air conditioning contractor is going to do their best to make sure you get a good deal and good services at the same time. So it's a good idea to do some research among air conditioning contractors before getting air conditioning installation. Here are some things to watch out for:
1. Do they sound too good to be true? If you've done a bit of research and one contractor stands out as being the cheapest and getting the work done fastest, well, they may be too good to be true. Just because a contractor says that they're going to do something doesn't actually mean they are going to do it. So be wary of anyone who promises you the moon.
2. Do they seem unprofessional? Did they pick up the phone and say "hello" instead of using the name of their company? When you ask for an appointment, do they fumble around to figure out when they're available? Do they not have answers to the questions you have about installing air conditioning? If the answer to any of these is "yes," then steer clear.
3. Do they have an informative website? If they do, this is a good sign and shows that they are well-established in their field. If they don't have a website or even a social media page, that probably means that they're very small or old school. This may not disqualify them altogether but it's better to go with an established contractor.
4. Can they answer all your questions? Once a contractor has been to your house to understand the scope of the work, they should be able to answer your questions about how long the installation will take, how much it will cost, whether there are different air conditioning systems etc. Sometimes, they may take some time to double check the costs and get back to you. But if they can't give you definitive answers, then it's probably better to go with someone else.
5. Do they seem up to date? Maybe you want to update your air conditioning system by replacing it with something new. Does your air conditioning contractor seem to know the latest models available on the market? Can they speak about this subject knowledgeably? If you seem to know more than them on the basis of your internet searches, then it's probably better to go with someone else!
As members of the Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA), we are constantly staying up to date on industry practices and products. From system repairs to new, high-efficiency HVAC system installation, our goal is to keep you and your family comfortable all year long. Give us a call today to learn how you can save with our current specials and financing programs!